Company: Balto Software
About this job
Would you like to join a fast-growing startup with the ability to make an instant impact on the team? Balto is hiring a Vice President of Engineering to take full ownership and responsibility of managing our growing team of developers, and not only make sure the trains run on time but identifying the best way to lay down the tracks.
You will work directly with Balto’s Chief Technology Officer to ensure the continued success and scalable growth of the engineering department. You might be a great fit for this position if you are ready to put your technical, business, and customer centric skillset towards building a software already affecting thousands of lives daily. You would be a great fit for the role if you enjoy a fast pace, flexible, cooperative environment where your work directly impacts the company’s success story.
Balto is an artificial intelligence tool that transcribes and analyzes sales calls in real time to deliver live recommendations to sales reps while they navigate their calls. Sales reps use Balto to improve their communication skills, better understand customers’ needs, and consistently remember the key points that they need to address on every call. At Balto, you will experience firsthand the limitless passion and critical strategy that go into building a technology company from the ground up.
As a technology company dedicated to helping sales professionals succeed, Balto has pooled St. Louis’s top talent and analyzed more than 30 million calls to become St. Louis’s foremost technology authority. As the Vice President of Engineering at Balto, you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of a growth stage startup with 450% YoY growth and being the leader of a department that is core to Balto’s continued success.
Balto is headquartered in downtown St. Louis, a community hub for technologists and entrepreneurs. If you are excited about contributing to a successful, growth-stage startup, please apply. This role is open to remote candidates.
Skills & Responsibilities
- 6+ years of management experience
- You are trusted in developing and maintaining a technical roadmap and making key architectural decisions, assembling and guiding the team with well-defined technical directions and driving the technical initiatives needed to deliver on critical company level goals.
- Work with stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to ensure that Engineering continues to be a great partner to the business.
- Track record of hiring, building, and growing strong Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Experience in a Full Stack environment:
- CSS with a framework such as Semantic UI or Bootstrap
- Python with a web framework such as Flask, Tornado, Django, GRPC
- Effective verbal/written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present ideas/concepts to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentoring and managing development team leads.
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k program
- Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, and Civic Engagement PTO
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Free Parking/Commuter Benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Professional Development Program