Company: Urban Footprint INC, Berkeley.
About this job
UrbanFootprint is the world’s first urban intelligence platform, enabling those who build our world to design the future. Our cloud-native data, visualization, and mapping platform assists analysts, planners, and designers to geo-spatially assess risk, understand markets, and make better decisions with the most powerful and comprehensive urban, climate, and community resilience data available.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
The UrbanFootprint Platform provides a data-rich, map-centric experience that facilitates cutting edge web-mapping, analysis, and reporting abilities through a high-fidelity browser-based interface. Built upon TypeScript, React, Mapbox GL and GraphQL our front-end application delivers a beautiful, engaging experience that combines 2D and 3D map interaction, data visualization, and comparative analytics which is supported by a backend built with Python, Node.js, Pandas, PostgreSQL, and PostGIS, for geospatial queries and analysis.
We are looking to add a senior full stack software engineer with a penchant for frontend work to build and deliver compelling end-to-end featuresets. As a mission-critical member, you will:
- Build sophisticated user experiences into a cutting-edge geospatial visualization application using React, REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Build scalable data platform enhancements using Flask API, Celery, and other Python-ecosystem components on top of an AWS service layer.
- Establish solid, reusable code patterns and components while identifying additional abstractions which benefit maintainability and performance.
- Collaborate with Product and Design team members to elaborate and scope features.
- Perform code reviews, distill story requirements into technical requirements, and co-lead application and data platform engineering strategy.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of job experience with at least one modern front-end framework such as React, Ember, Angular or Vue.
- Demonstrable experience coding in both functional and object-oriented code pattens leveraging both primitive and advanced data structures.
- The ability to anticipate and plan for the ways that new product features will affect the entire stack including: performance, security, and scalability.
- Experience writing unit & integration tests in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience with geospatial tooling and approaches to performant indexing and querying (S3, H3, etc.)
- Experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Focus and interest on the future of cities and sustainability.
UrbanFootprint values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
UrbanFootprint is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws