Company: Urban Footprint INC, Berkeley.
About this job
The UrbanFootprint Platform is a single-page, data-rich, map-centric interface that delivers a cutting edge web-mapping, analysis, and reporting experience to a broad range of users focused on understanding and planning for cities and urban markets. Built uponTypeScript, React, Redux, RxJS, and Mapbox GL our front-end application delivers a beautiful, engaging experience that combines 2D and 3D map interaction, data visualization, and comparative analytics which is supported by our backend built with Python, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, and Celery. The backend makes heavy use of PostgreSQL and PostGIS, for geospatial queries and analysis.
We are looking to add a Senior Front-end Engineer with a penchant for frontend work to build and deliver exciting new features. As a mission-critical member, you will:
- Use React, Redux, and RxJS to build sophisticated user experiences into a cutting-edge geospatial visualization application.
- Distill story requirements into technical requirements that affect frontend, web data APIs, and backend data engineering strategies.
- Contribute architectural guidance for large-scale front-end applications including micro-frontend and JAMStack approaches.
- Establish solid, reusable code patterns and components while identifying additional abstractions which benefit maintainability and performance.
- Collaborate with Product and Design team members to elaborate and scope features.
- Perform code reviews and provide mentorship to team members.
Skills and Requirements:
- Specific 2+ year job experience with at least one modern front-end framework such as React, Ember, Angular or Vue.
- Demonstrable experience coding in both functional and object-oriented code pattens leveraging both primitive and advanced data structures.
- The ability to anticipate and plan for the ways that new product features will affect the entire stack, including performance, security, and scalability.
- Experience writing unit tests with Mocha/Enzyme or Jest in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience developing and deploying in a container-based environment and deploying in AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- Experience defining, implementing, and working with REST and GraphQL-based web APIs.
- Experience with geospatial tooling and approaches to performant indexing and querying (S3, H3, etc.)
- Experience with PostgresQL and PostGIS
- Experience implementing rich browser-based geospatial applications using Mapbox GL, Leaflet, deck.gl, and vector tiles.
- Focus and interest on the future of cities and sustainability.
UrbanFootprint values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
UrbanFootprint is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws