Company: App Annie. San Francisco, CA.
We are seeking an outstanding data scientist interested in working in the hot space of app store data and analytics to join the rapidly growing Data Science team at App Annie. App Annie is the gold standard for the mobile app market and first party data, leveraging a variety of datasources, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science to create market estimates and other KPI’s for mobile apps and publishers. We need self-driven and motivated performers to join our stellar team. Your role is to discover trends, uncover app store application evaluation methodologies, and provide accurate insights based on these data. Working closely with Product Management, Engineering and other Data Analysts, you will play a key role helping to drive the creation and delivery of a new generation of exceptional App Annie products, and building and evolving our existing market-leading offerings.
- Gather requirements from Product Managers, and work with Product Management to refine product concepts and implement the data modeling needed to turn them into reality
- Support advanced customer requests
- Develop the heart of App Annie’s products, current and future
- Create and customize App Annie models and metrics
- Identify relationships within large and seemingly unrelated data
- Analyze public data that could be used to complement current and future projects
- Understand the entire App Annie system from a data point of view
- Deliver robust high quality data products
- Identify performance bottlenecks and provide optimization solutions
- Create quality indicators and diagnostics tools
- A passion for everything to do with data and already have top-level experience working in data modeling and quantitative analysis
- An ability to solve challenging problems and provide innovative practical solutions quickly and efficiently
- 5 years work experience, including at least 2 years performing data modeling and quantitative analysis, preferably for Internet or technology companies. Experience in financial or medical industries can also be helpful
- Excellent data science skills, including a working knowledge of several of the following statistics packages and languages: Python including scikit-learn, Jupyter, SQL and Spark
- A proficiency with Linux OS
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools is a plus, such as Tableau Software.
- Strong presentation skills. Comfortable explaining data solutions in a business context to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- MS or PhD preferred in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- A passion for digital content and mobile apps is a definite plus
- The authorization to work in the U.S.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues