About this job
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to our VP of Product, as a Senior Business Analytics Manager at Hotjar you’ll lead a team responsible for building end to end analytic solutions that guide our business decisions.
You have a broad technical background in data analytics and data engineering, strong business acumen, and a high degree of ownership. You’ll be comfortable discussing analysis in non-technical terms to senior management and other team members. Most importantly, you’ll need to be a strong people leader who supports and coaches our growing and multidisciplinary data team.
- Hire and lead an impactful, diverse and inclusive team of Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers, including leading Leads within the BI team.
- Engage with leadership, product managers, and diversified partner groups to understand their data needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
- Enable our Data Engineers to extend our data warehouse based on the data models that the team should use to allow analytical capabilities.
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide teams across the business with self-serve access to large datasets in ways that fit their mental models (e.g. data visualization tools for non-tech team member users).
- Own the development of ongoing business performance metrics, analyses, dashboards to help drive important business decisions.
- Discover opportunities to standardize data and report usage across teams and disciplines.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Develop new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Work with product development teams to allow the appropriate capture and storage of essential data points.
- Share insights to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Experience in hiring, coaching and leading an impactful, inclusive team including both technical and business functions.
- Deep knowledge in both technical and business areas to work with all levels and disciplines within Hotjar.
- While the majority of hands-on data analysis and data engineering work will be from your team, you’ll have earned your stripes with
- An advanced proficiency with SQL, ETL management, data modelling, and working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience with statistical modelling and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience prioritizing a number of important data initiatives, some simultaneously, and others within a longer-term backlog.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.