Company: App Annie
As a Senior Backend Engineer working for App Annie, you will be responsible for the further development and innovation of App Annie’s Ascend product line. You will be part of our multi-location specialized team, and will collaborate with product owners, designers, data scientists and engineering leaders to build our data analytics platform.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“My team is focused entirely on building out its new product offerings, helping to accelerate the growth of my career and of the company’s.”
How will you be doing this?
- Collaborating with Product Manager, Designers, Data Scientists, and other engineers to deliver the new features on schedule with great quality.
- Estimation, planning and execution of the project, timely update progress and risks to the senior management team.
- Continuously improve the system performance, stability and scalability, by adopting new technologies and best practices.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation.
- Leading and coaching the junior team members, actively contributing to the recruitment.
What will you bring to the team?
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Expert in distributed systems, web application development, service oriented architecture and scalable data storages.
- Proficient in Python or one of the other programming languages Java/Scala.
- Experience in building and evolving RESTful API systems.
- Experience in Data Pipeline development and ETL, Spark experience is a big plus +++.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS. Experience of NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- 5+ years working experience.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Who are we?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.