Company: Forto. Berlin, Germany.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Frontend Developer, Full Stack Developer
Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 400 technology and logistics experts in 10 locations, together with financing totalling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
- Actively code, participate in code reviews, and raise the engineering standard in the team
- Develop frameworks and foundations for Forto’s codebase
- Break down large projects and support the team in executing successfully
- Coordinate with Engineering Leadership to execute engineering-wide initiatives
- Continuously iterate and experiment to build towards quality and speed of launching to production
- Teach and mentor engineers
What you bring
- Exceptional experience in delivering high-quality software
- Deep hands-on experience with various technologies and architectures and actively writing code
- Excellent understanding and experience with micro services and distributed systems
- Touch points with these technologies: NodeJS, Google Cloud Platform, ReactJS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes and Docker, AWS plus many more.
- Experience with supporting multiple teams, training and or mentoring team members
- Good business acumen
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- Culture: Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w
At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities.