About this job
Would you like to join a fast-growing startup with the ability to make an instant impact on the team? Balto is hiring a Marketing Operations Manager to join our talented, collaborative, and fast-growing marketing team.
You will work directly with Balto’s Vice President of Marketing to ensure the continued success and scalable growth of the Marketing Department. As the Marketing Operations Manager at Balto, you’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class marketing infrastructure from the ground up that will provide the foundation for Balto’s fast-paced growth. You’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing and will have the autonomy, trust, and resources you need to do what you do best – deploy and manage technology that improves the effectiveness of marketing and provides clear visibility into how we’re tracking towards our goals.
Powered by AI, Balto listens to both sides of the conversation and visually prompts agents with the best things to say, live on every call. Sales and CX leaders use Balto to scale “perfect” to thousands of agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what’s working and what’s not. Balto closed a $10MM Series A with Sierra Ventures in October 2020 and will be more than doubling the organization’s headcount over the next 6-9 months.
Balto’s culture might be a good fit for you if you enjoy working in a high-trust, high-autonomy culture where departments work together to get the company’s most important work done, fast.This role is the right fit for you if you have nightmares about bad data, are in your happy place when you’re building dashboards and reports, and you want to be part of a team that moves fast, has fun, and values trust and collaboration. As the Marketing Operations Manager you’ll be in the front row seat of what it takes to build a growth-stage Marketing department and startup.
Balto is headquartered in downtown St. Louis, a community hub for technologists and entrepreneurs. If you are excited about contributing to a successful, early-stage startup, please apply. Role can be fully remote.
- Implement a marketing automation system (Marketo or Hubspot) that will be the foundation for marketing campaigns/reporting and scale to support rapid growth.
- Execute marketing campaigns, nurture programs, landing pages, and emails.
- Improve marketing effectiveness through the implementation of lead scoring, lead routing, lead nurturing, and segmentation.
- Manage the lead database and implement effective data management practices that support data enrichment and completeness while promoting data accuracy and hygiene.
- Measure all stages of the funnel and identify opportunities to systematically improve quality, velocity, and conversion rates.
- Ensure every marketing touchpoint is captured and we can easily report on channel effectiveness, campaign effectiveness, and marketing sourced pipeline/revenue.
- Empower marketing and external team members with reporting and Salesforce dashboards that not only display overall performance and key findings, but that also provide prescriptive insights for future improvements.
- Regularly evaluate the marketing tech stack and identify tools that will fill gaps and enable us to improve our effectiveness and reporting.
- Create documentation and conduct training for team members after implementing new technologies.
- Implement and lead a culture of rigorous measurement and testing that enables us to continuously optimize campaigns and performance metrics.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations and customer success to establish a common understanding and view of key performance metrics.
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years in marketing operations at a B2B technology company
- 3-5 years hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo or Hubspot)
- Deep understanding of Salesforce reporting and it’s integration with marketing automation platforms
- Experience with WordPress, website management, and Google Adwords also a strong plus
- Healthcare Benefits; including dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k program
- 15 days annual PTO, Civic Engagement PTO, Paid Holidays
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Dog-friendly office