Company: Finn Auto. Munich.
finn.auto – Head of Accounting (m/f/x)
Join finn.auto to make car ownership fun & sustainable and play a key role to fulfill our mission of building the most popular car subscription platform in the world. We launched in 2019, offering a monthly flexible car-subscription.
As our Head of Accounting you build the accounting team at finn.auto from the ground up, laying the foundation for our strong growth. You own all of our daily accounting activities and our monthly and yearly closing. In your role, you constantly question our existing accounting setup and push automation wherever possible. You become the go-to-expert for all accounting-related topics and work closely with our CFO, external partners and authorities on a daily basis.
- Hire and lead your accounting team: You have the opportunity to hire your own team of talented accounting experts. You are responsible for leading the accounting team on a day-to-day basis and for supporting each team members’ professional growth.
- Bring our accounting structures to the next level: You implement best-in-class accounting processes and tools to make our accounting team as efficient as possible and to ensure full compliance with the latest regulations. Here you work closely with our Software Engineers to push automation wherever possible. Further, you are responsible for setting up the necessary accounting structures for foreign subsidiaries, contributing to our growth at home and abroad.
- Own our monthly and yearly closing: You oversee our general ledger accounting and ensure that the monthly and yearly closing for all entities are submitted on time. Further you own our financial reporting and variance analysis. In your role, you focus relentlessly on improving the cycle time of our closing processes and increasing the accuracy of our financial statements.
- Oversee our subledger accounting: You oversee our asset accounting, accounts receivable accounting and accounts payable accounting on a daily basis. Together with our Sales and Engineering departments you streamline the payment and dunning process to optimize our cash collection.
- Own our cash management: In your role you are also responsible for our payment processing and cash management.
// Skills and Requirements
- You graduated top of your class with a Master degree in a business-related field of study from a top-tier university
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting and held a management position before. Work experience in a fast-growing startup is a plus.
- You are a proven expert in German GAAP (HGB). Profound knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS is a plus.
- You have great experience in setting up highly automated accounting processes.
- You have very strong analytical skills and work with great attention to detail.
- You enjoy questioning the status quo and finding creative solutions.
- You are well organized and experienced in leading a team on a daily basis.
- You are fluent in German and English.
// Values We Share
- Customer first – Always focus on our customers’ needs. Reduce complexity, increase quality.
- Own it – Be entrepreneurial in everything you do. Take responsibility for your individual and finn.auto’s overall goals.
- Embrace the struggle – Apply attention to detail and don’t shy away from tough decisions. Never stop getting your hands dirty.
- We grow and succeed together – We help each other to succeed as a team and grow as individuals. We love to fight and to win together.
- Be honest and open minded – Always speak out the truth, even if it hurts. Dare to be authentic and embrace others’ authenticity.
// Compensation Package
- Excellent fixed salary.
- Virtual equity share of the company.
- 1,500€ yearly personal development budget: We constantly motivate and fund you to learn, grow and advance your potential.