Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 350 technology and logistics experts in 10 locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
Reporting to Barzel, SVP Engineering, your role as Engineering Director will be an inspiring and mentoring leader for the engineering organization.
- Lead and develop the engineering team and work on doubling the headcount within the coming year.
- Own the technical strategy alongside the SVP Engineering and deliver the roadmap within the required timeframes in a consistent manner to meet key growth, product, and customer aspirations.
- Continuously drive velocity in software delivery, release, and development.
- Hire and mentor great engineers and actively motivate them to build innovative solutions in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, results-oriented company focused on the delivery of superior customer experience.
- Define challenging objectives and key results together with the team, monitor progress, eliminate roadblocks and prevent distractions.
What you bring
- Proven experience in a senior technology role in a successful Enterprise SaaS organisation.
- Significant experience and understanding of cutting-edge B2B enterprise technology and development methodologies.
- Track-record in growing engineering teams and retaining top talent in the market.
- Exceptional communication and leadership portfolio of skills developed in industry-leading environments.
- Hands-on and active leadership style with the ability to mentor, an open-door approach and demonstrated ability to give appropriate direction and guidance in the development of employees.
- Pragmatic and commercial approach to engineering as a function – a track record of implementing agile cultures that serve the operational needs of the business.
Why Us – You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w.
At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.