Job type: Full-Time
Balto is looking for a Director of Data Science & Analytics eager to lead, develop and build a Data Science and Analytics function from the ground up. As the Director of DS&A you will have both the opportunity to get your hands dirty in our proprietary data set, and take a leading role in using data science to add new products and features to our platform. At Balto, you will have the resources and freedom to hire world-class talent, help design and architect innovative solutions, and drive how decisions get made across the entire organization.
Balto’s Director of Data Science & Analytics will take the leading role in building our data and analytics function through three main pillars: customer data analysis, business intelligence, and predictive modeling. As a strategic leader at Balto you will work closely with the leadership team to approach problems from first principles, using a variety of statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to research and understand customer behavior, build and share data visualizations, and proving Balto’s value to our customers. At Balto, you will have the resources, freedom and support from the leadership team to do what you do best, deliver business insights that move the company forward.
Balto is SaaS that coaches sales and customer service agents to improve their phone calls live while they’re on the phone with the customer. Powered by artificial intelligence, Balto listens to both sides of the conversation and visually prompts sales and customer service agents with the best things to say on every call. Balto’s customers, including name brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto’s real-time guidance technology to scale “perfect” to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what’s working on their phone calls and what’s not.
Balto’s culture might be a good fit for you if you enjoy working in a high-trust, high-autonomy culture where everyone is a true operator and departments work together to get the company’s most important work done, fast.
Those who know Balto’s Data Science function best say things like:
- “Customers are DANCING on a call because of what our Data Science team put together for them”
- “True industry leading partners, and impossible to replicate”
- “This department is game changing for our customers. Seriously, what other software company even does this?
If you can see yourself leading the Data Science & Analytics function as our Director, send email@example.com an email with “Interested in your Director of Data Science & Analytics role” as the subject line to set up a time to talk with our Head of Talent and/or Chief Product Officer.
- Lead your team to translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses, create experiments and/or analysis to test them, and generate recommendations based on the findings.
- Working knowledge and experience using Github to efficiently manage and maintain code to drive best data practices across the team.
- Cultivate a data-informed culture and deliver meaningful insights that drive product roadmaps and optimize business strategies.
- Analyze large datasets to surface meaningful and actionable insights and opportunities to the product team and other key stakeholders.
- Design, test, and refine machine-learning models to support product initiatives.
- Hire, coach and develop junior team members.
- 5+ years of industry experience leading teams in data and statistical analysis, with a deep understanding of explanatory power of data and hypothesis-driven analyses.
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages, such as Python or R.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc).
- Experience working with product and engineering to prioritize, scope, design and deploy ML models.
- Experience providing mentorship and technical leadership.
- A PhD or other relevant graduate degree in the math, computer science, physics, economics, statistics, or a similar field.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these ones the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst case scenario
- 401k to save for your retirement
- A quarterly professional development stipend to inspire continuous professional growth
- Paid vacation and holidays, including 5 days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows