Company: Forto. Berlin, Germany.
Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 350 technology and logistics experts in 10 locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
Forto is successfully pursuing the ambitious goal of digitizing a massive industry. You will be expected to lead, develop and expand a multidisciplinary marketing team that successfully executes the demand engine creation, market education and brand building to support this lofty goal.
- Lead marketing crew: You lead and grow Forto’s marketing crew. You orchestrate and scale our marketing growth channels to generate inbound revenue pipeline through: product/content marketing, SEO, CRO, performance marketing, email marketing, PR&Comms, affiliate and referral, community growth, events, etc.
- Run the marketing roadmap: You develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness, create thought leadership and continuously aim for 10x demand generation. You set the current and long-term goals for your teams, while prioritizing marketing projects and allocating resources accordingly
- Manage budget and external partners: You design and review the Marketing department’s budget, progress and impact of all marketing initiatives, you discuss and improve campaigns with your teams and make them successful.
- Content and performance marketing excellence: You support the content and performance marketing team in driving and managing the creation of outstanding content assets like Whitepapers, E-Books etc.
- Marketing operations: You help build our marketing (and company) data “backbone”, including increasingly sophisticated attribution and conversion models for continuous prioritization of your teams’ efforts
- Brand ambassador: With your team, you drive our tonality and voice of the brand and make sure that it transports our values as much as our offer into the world.
- Product and Sales collaboration: Work directly with the product team to influence the product roadmaps, based on market demand, competitor intelligence and customer feedback
What you bring
- Proven track record: 6-8+ years of experience in fast-paced work environment, marketing SaaS / B2B solutions B2B through product/content marketing, PR&Comms, events, branding as well as hands-on experience of CRO, SEO and performance marketing
- 3-5+ years of relevant leadership experience; you have led, built and grown a team of marketing professionals across different professions
- Numbers are your friend: You systematically track and assess the impact of our campaigns and continuously iterate. Your decisions are based on sound data.
- Hands-on mentality and make it happen: You are creative as well as systematic. You get your own work done but embrace working in teams.
- 80/20: You are able to bridge strategic thinking, analytical skills and creative executions. You see the big picture as well as the finer details.
- Strong facilitor: Ability to work cross-functionally and confident collaborating with Forto’s major internal stakeholders: growth, sales, product, customer success, founders but also guide agencies and freelancers.
- No fear of ambiguity: We are on a very successful growth trajectory, but are still making leaps into the unknown on a regular basis. You thrive in environments where experimentation and fast decision-making are commonplace.
- Fluent communication skills in English; mastery of German also preferred but not essential
Why Us – You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w.
At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.