Company: Callibrity. Cincinnati, Ohio.
About this job
aws, terraform, postgresql
Responsible for assisting with development, implementation, and ongoing support of an enterprise hybrid cloud environments. Function as an engineer/developer for development and release of new and existing products, establish support process, automation roadmap and assist project teams and clients with technical issues pertaining to systems support and cloud automation. Assists with coordinating projects and implements new technologies and systems of a basic level of complexity. Follows corporate standards to implement private and public cloud solutions.
- Develop cloud automation using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins.
- Write reusable modules using Terrafrom to deploy databases such as Dynamodb, RDS Postgres and Aurora.
- Prior experience rolling out TFE modules for Aurora RDS, RDS PostgreSQL and DyanmoDB. experience with IAM authentication, using SSM/SSH, AWS secrets manager and HashiVault to secure deployment, automation of key rotation, experience with automated monitoring and cloud DB compliance.
- Design and Implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable automation solutions.
- Grow knowledge to serve as a subject matter expert for automation, public cloud, or container technologies.
- Manage the automation, public cloud, or container technologies.
- Maintain effective partnerships with the Build, Operations and Engineering teams to drive service improvement.
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice (e.g., Agile, DevOps, Cloud, Micro services, containers, Open Source community projects/developments).
- Assist with problem resolution for cloud management issues.
- Create and update operations procedures for daily routine management processes.
- Play a key role as an individual contributor on projects of a basic to moderate level of complexity.
- Manage Remedy queue of incidents, changes and service requests.
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience
- 5+ years experience in DevOps and CI/CD methodologies and tools for automated infrastructure code test, integration, deployment, and assurance
- Understanding of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and container technologies including OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes
- AWS cloud experience required. Additional cloud experience in Azure, GCP is a plus
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency with Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform
- Prior hands-on experience in software development required. Java is preferred. Will also consider other programming language experience such as .NET/C# and Python
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills