Company: The Remote Company:
The Remote Company is a network of remote-first tech companies. We’re united by our values and approach to doing business.
You will work across all of our products – MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck and Ycode.
We need people in our team that are passionate and great at what they do. We’re looking for a Database Reliability Engineer who would help us scale our grand databases so we can support our customers need for growth.
Why The Remote Company?
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for MailerSend? Here are 6 reasons!
- You won’t be bored
We are always looking for improvements and new ideas. You want to implement something? Write up the idea and start working on it.
- You’ll be challenged with interesting tasks
Our databases are huge and we have a lots of them. You will be able to take charge and re-architecture the whole system if you see viable.
- You’ll have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every day
Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stability
We have been around for more than 10 years and run a profitable company that continues to grow.
- Take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
What we expect from you
- Have at least 5 years experience running MySQL and PostgreSQL in large production environments
- You know how to work with Ansible (or any other configuration management tool) and Terraform
- Programming skills (Bash, Golang, Python)
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Linux shell is your home
- Communicative, proactive, go-for it attitude
- Excellent English skills
- Know your way around CloudSQL (we use Google Cloud)
- Bonus: If you have experience managing MongoDB and TimescaleDB you will come up on top of our list
What we offer
- Competitive salary: $50,000-$75,000 (gross)
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. We gather twice a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Generous vacation policy. Take time off when you need it. We trust you
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- Company-paid creative days. Go out explore and share your discoveries with the team afterward
- MacBook and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently
- Remote-first culture with part of the team in Vilnius, Lithuania and the others working remotely from all over the world
- Free healthy lunches, snacks and amazing coffee in the Vilnius office